HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre Reply with quote

Hello again,
I wanna buy a new engine for my car, I am sick to death of replacing my G161's all the time, its fucked...So I wanna buy a new engine, pref a NEW one so I will possibly have a bit more life out of it..
I am in brisbane, so anywhere in Brisbane would be good....
Any details, would be greatly appreciated Smile
Thanks
Bern
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre Reply with quote

u cant buy them new.. there were 3 NEW 1600 blocks on ebay for sale about a year ago (some guy bought em back when gems were new) and they sold for $1000 each minimum, just for the blocks. IF u found a BRAND NEW g200 compleat today (not that u would) im guessing it would be close to $2000 as the 1600 blocks sold for $1000
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre Reply with quote

I think he means new as in fully rebuilt with new internals and stuff runnning perfectly.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre Reply with quote

get a repco replacement engine

i got a repco g161 about 3 years ago and it never let me down once, never had to replace anything besides spark plugs. now its just sitting in the shed Sad hehehe being replaced by a slightly quicker item
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I buy a Brand NEW Engine? aka 2 Litre Reply with quote

but what are they worth ???
repco replacement engines
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

Mass reconditioning firms are dodgier than four day old garlic prawns which have been left in the sun. If you are going to get a rebuild engine, find out who is considered reputable amongst your local engine builders and get them to build you an engine.
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

repco are fckin dodgy all round. i wouldnt touch their company with a 10 foot pole. they tried to charge me $220 for a single aftermarket CV joint for my old colt, when it was $100 everywhere else. I've had a mate who had a repco replacement 202 which lasted around 2 weeks before it shit itself due to a mistake repco made
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

whilst where bitchen bout repco i got it hella sidways the other day and then i thew a u turn later on down the street and a repco van drives like infront of me and starts acten like hes a cop " what the hell was that" "slow down" "ur crazy and so forth it continued till he told me to go home and to bed i was like what the......
i think he was angry cause he couldnt get it as sidways with such controll as a gem
GEM POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: REPCO Stands for... Reply with quote

Rip Every Poor Cunt Off!!!
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

I probably would have done the same thing if you were in a suburban area. Then what would have you said coming from another Gemini driver. Theres a time and a place for everything.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

aman to that
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: do NOT get a repco replacement engine Reply with quote

it was a semi suburban yes but it is kind of a deserted rd and from another gemi driver id honestly feel bad about it and like a dickhead Sad
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: REPCO Stands for... Reply with quote

i have to agree with that. I rang them and asked for the price of a RB GEMINI Rocker Cover Gasket. $43.50. I rang up Auto One. $27.50. They definatly rip you off.

Cheers
TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: