HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
td gem now tg gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: engines Reply with quote

gday,
id like some info on sr20det or fj20det conversions for my td gem.like any one who makes conversion kits how hard are they to engineer and so on? which is easier ? thanks
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: look above me Reply with quote

look directly above 'look above me'

forum home]help]*SEARCH*]profile]logout

try that
td gem now tg gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

mate,
hate to sound rude but theres nuthin in the search about the conversions.so i wouldnt mind it if some one could please help me......genefj20det youve done the conversion.....why cant u give me some pointers ?
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

hey dude, um i dont konw much bout the conversion, but i do know that the gemi shop in brisbane does a conversion kit for em, but they take ages, and i also konw that gene's car is in about 60 million pieces so he can only give u so much info as he hasn't completed the conversion as yet.

matt
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

lots of money involved, i am not totally sure but this is what i think u have to do...
change gearbox
maybe change the diff
bigger fuel lines
engine mounts
bigger brakes so you can get a road worthy
probably heaps of other shit too
Why don't you turbo your 1.6? people have got turbo 1.6's running 10 second passes, i'm sure that would be cheaper than putting an SR or an FJ in your gem. Also if you got a g200 dohc and turbo'd that, that would also kick arse.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

atually there is info on both conversions in the search.

sr20 you need the cut the firewall back roughly 70mm and the tunnel needs to be cut back about 20mm. custom engine mounts, gearbox mounts,and tailshaft needs to be made. you wont get out of this conversion any cheaper than 4000 (providing you do all the work yourself)

talk to gene about the fj conversion
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

u dont have to change the diff, just get a mini spool or a commodoer LSD center. u dont need bigger fuel lines but it is advised, im runing 3/8th lines.
to much to describe. if u have questions add me to ya msn dr_boom13@hotmail.com or email at nismogemini@hotmail.com
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

the fj20 is bigger than the sr20 and there is NO fire wall cuting, iv seen a sr20 and a fj20 in a gemini and nothign needs to be cut at all anywhere.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

well thanks for the info guys the turbo on a 1600 or 2 litre sound alot easier.might take that path.just need ideas as i dont wish to own a standard motor for long.....too boring
thanks again
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

ahahah are you serious? no cutting? my mates getting the conversion done and hes paying his ass for it because the said firewall had to be cut. lol
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: look above me Reply with quote

hahaha, hes getting riped of! i have 2 mates with fj20 geminis and i know a guy with a sr20 gemini. no cuting, trust me. i havent cut anything in mine. i think your mates getting scamed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: