HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New Engine --(Adam Gibson)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 5:23 am    Post subject: New Engine --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

My two litre donk will be ready as of tomorrow afternoon, I will drive to redcliffe at 3:00pm or so and pick her up, have it home by 7:00pm at the very latest, bolt on, align and torque up the clutch, bolt on the gearbox, drop it into the car, bolt everything on and tighten everything up. Which should mean it will be ready to start by friday, when we will limp her down to the servo to get the damn freakin diff filler plug out, fill her with diff oil, drive to a carby place and have the carby set up properly, drive to the exhaust place and get the TX exhaust manifold fitted and then spend 500km running her in and then let the fun begin.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Engine --(Paulo) Reply with quote

So what mods have you done to the engine? Are you still running the same 1600 inlet? Are you taking this to the QLD transport? Just keep an eye out for the sump hitting the steering rack. I shouldn't but who knows!

Oh yeah and you will need to run the engine for about 1000-1500 to really start to feel the diffrence. Oh yeah and u might want to keep an eye on the temp. If it gets too hot then put a thermo. it makes a hell of a difference. Or just get the radiator fully flushed! (when they open the tanks and clean each one of the cores!)
Let me know how you go!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: New Engine --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I am running the 1600 inlet, while the head was being ported, the inlet was port matched and opened up all the way through, just 2-3mm to match with the port size.

After having a mate's laser fry its engine (zip, squat, zilch coolant) on me today (resulting in me losing $80 wages) I will be keeping a VERY close eye on it, if it looks too hot at all I will probably go overboard and fit a three-core rad AND a thermo fan or two...

The sump won't hit the steering rack, this engine was taken from another gemini so that should all be ok. As for mod plates, well, hmmm, not sure, not sure at all... I know it would pass easy, just a stock 1800 SOHC cam engine as far as they could tell...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: