HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RB Boys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: RB Boys Reply with quote

Finally got my pictures on the site. They are in the Stock Gemini gallery. Its the White RB. Future plans for it are.

*Colour Coded Bumpers.
*Sports Steering Wheel.
*Sports Pedals.
*New Front Seats.
*Recovered Back Seats.
*Rub Back Mags To Bare Metal.

The list goes on.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

good to see champ, ive done half that stuff (eg polish wheels etc) so if you need some advice etc, im about. im about halfway through cutting and polishing mine (resprayed it on the weekend) so ill send some pics in in the next couple of weeks. ive also got some stuff out of mine (eg my old autotechnica wheel) 4 sale so if you need anything, buzz me.
cheers
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

How much for the wheel? I just want something on it that is better than the stock 1.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

its black around the outside with the polished bit in the middle (could do with a polish though). fits saas boss kit, $30. if you want it msg me on 0401 746 490 or call if you have to but im working most of the time!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

cool.. i might just grab it.. I will have to buy a boss kit though. I took the front bumper off today. Did'nt know i had to take the headlights out to do it!

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

you dont have to champ. its off mine at the moment, you only have to take off the two bolts at either side holding the bumper mounts to the chassis rail,not the four or so bolts on either side holding the bumper to the bumper mounts. that info probably wouldve been handy before you went and did it! whats it off for? give us a yell if/whenever you want the wheel alrighty
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

i wanted to take it off so i could rub it back so i can prime it and spray it white. Colour coded bumpers look better than the black ones. Do the stipes of plastic over the wheel arch flares. I think thats what you call them. Come off? Do they leave any marks or holes?

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

fair enough. mine didnt have those, just try and carefully peel them off, and hit any of the glue that was holding them on with some cutting compound
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

they came off easy. The next bit will be the hardest although i have taken both the front and back bumper off in 2 days and put them back on they are still no where near primer. I might just take them to a panel shop although that would be a bit expensive. Any ideas?

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

grab an orbital sander and get it to do all the hard work and then feather the edges with some less harsh sandpaper by hand. even though it would be ideal, you dont have to take all the paint off, just make sure its all straight and smooth. im a bit dirty with panel beaters at the moment; have a bash yourself and see how it turns out.cheers mate
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Boys Reply with quote

Yeah i want to try and do all the work myself.

TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: