HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

anyone know the owner of this gem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

http--www.fullboost.com.au-events-gallery-summernats02-nats02_26b.jpg
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/gallery/gallery.html#

then go to summernats 15 then in there theres a gem wagon that is sick! just wondering if anyone knows the owner and if anyone does it should be on this site
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

The owner is Drago Ostric. The car is on the cover of Fast Fours Feb 2002. and is pretty yummy... it made me buy my car (cept mine is a pano.) the car is in the NSW Gemi Club but i only know that from the sticker on the back. so he must be interested in gemis to some extent. i can post all the facts and mods it has (copied from the mag) but its a bit of effort... imight if someone was intested but if asked i'll do it. you could just order a back copy from FF thought coz then you get the yummy pics as well.
sorry for long post
Nick
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

any idea how much he spent on it?
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

$20000 i dont think that includes the car but he is the managing director of a place called Sefton Smash Repairs. basically i reckon he got mates rates on everything. he built it as a custom show car. but i still admire the fact its a gem....It placed in the top ten at summernats
cheers
Nick
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

$20000 this rebuild what about the first initial rebuild when it was red/maroone with the camel coloured interior probably owes him in excess of 50 to 60k all up between the 2 builds...

but all in all still a show stopping tough car...
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Does it turn a wheel?? Reply with quote

I was readin the street machine article and it mentiond how when its show life is finished, it was to be driven,

who would drive such a, master peice,

by the way hotgemini was in street machine, unsure, but it was when FAT 57 was on the cover (Fats Back)

regards
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Does it turn a wheel?? Reply with quote

that 57 is the niceist car i seen
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Does it turn a wheel?? Reply with quote

anyone know what engine is in the gem?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

in street machine is said, he was about to do up a VK and he bought a shit box rusty gemini to drive untill the vk was finished. then his mates bet him he couldnt go the gemini up instead. so he did.
i have the artical right heres, so i dont think he done it up b4 that, maybe it was another one he done up b4 it
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Does it turn a wheel?? Reply with quote

that gold wagon??
super charged 1800
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

nah ill prove you wrong on that gene, i have a pre 1990 gemini magazine that has drago in it with a maroon gemini wagon. he rebuilt the same wagon 3 times apparently, and changed its colour numerous times before ending up with the final gold product. should see the photo of him in this mag hes got the best mullet.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

ok Very Happy i will scan the articel
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

nah mate thats the same one, it used to wear WAG-18L tags
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: anyone know the owner of this gem Reply with quote

OK OK OK, im gonna scan the articl tonight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: