HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

superchargers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: superchargers Reply with quote

I've been looking at the 4a-gze supercharger for my gem and I am just wondering, where do you mount it and all that stuff? It also says that the clutch on this particular supercharger is operated by the ECU but i don't have any computers or anything in my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Mat
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

make up your own brakets to mount everything
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

what about the clutch ran by the ecu maybe
an electric switch ?
nfi really
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

get a turbo Very Happy easy fix
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

yeah!!

tsshhhhh!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

You would need to fabricate, or pay someone else to, all the brackets and intake stuff, as for the switch i'd say you'll find that the ecu would switch a relay, which in turn would switch on the clutch in the supercharger, i've heard of just an in cabin switch being used before, unsure whether that would operate a relay or directly operate it but, find someone whos done similar...
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

too many people have turbos, common as dog shit. that's why I'm keeping my gem N/A
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

well a relay costs $7 so either way its no biggie
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

not as many in adelaide, we're all povs here
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

a super charger is something different
if i had the money that's what i would do
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

The supercarger has a Air-con Electric Clutch... which you CAN hook upto a switch...As soneone else youll have to make brackets.
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

what i dont understand is how the air passes thru the charger when u switch it off. the only way i can think of is that it freeballs itself.........???????
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

there are shit loads in adelaide you just have to know where to look.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

WHY DOES SOMEONE ELES HAVE TO DO THE BRAKETS??
its not rocket scinece
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: superchargers Reply with quote

in 3 years of driving from 1 end of south road to the other every morning and after noon ive only seen 1...

sure u walk into ya local gemispares there are a few in there but all arent running and wont move for the next 10 years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: