HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

To low? whats that Noise?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhatPannelVanMan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

Hey pplz

I gotta PV nd i droped it on its ass, i was about 1/2" from the stoppers. But what i wanna know is, what was the winding noise comin from my diff? i dunno if it was wreckin it or not, so i raized it again. i wanna drop it but i dun wanna F**K my diff if it was stuffin it.

Thanx
*shane*
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

Replace the spacers between the body and the centre tailshaft/torquetube mount with a couple of thin strips of industrial rubber or thinner washers.

When Gems are lowered the angle of this tube is reduced and the alignment becomes screwed, making your universal joints a little unhappy in the process. Same thing happened with my TX.

Your alignment will also be skewed at that height, the diff will be sitting about 1/2" too far to the left as well, so if lowering to that degree is necessary, a shorter panhard rod is a good idea.

You won't kill the diff, but methinks 1/2" from the stoppers is dangerous. Too many big bumps and you may risk body damage from the shock of hitting the stops.

Do some searching on the forum for answers, particularly those on floor pan cracking.

Cheers
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

let me guess...cut springs right?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

hahah, i had my 1st dunga gem 1/2" from the bumps and i snaped the chassis rail in the boot from it bottoming out all the time Very Happy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

hey clown if he did a home job of cuttin the springs how would he have raised it again, hey gene you used dunga hahaha thats such a cool word!!!.

over it, out
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

yeah i guess ya right but still ya might kill yaself accidently and no one wants that. Someone needs to make really really low springs and that would be the go
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: To low? whats that Noise? Reply with quote

i have pretty low springs and a jap 4" turbo muffler and it scrapes everywhere i love the look of lowness but i hate lowness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: