HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

is a mild cam legal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

he i was just wondering is a mild, lumpy cam legan in qld cause i was gonna put mine in then my step dad (ex mechanic) says nah they r illegal, so i thought i should come on here and ask before i put it in, not like its gonna stop me putting it in, and how much more power do you get out of a cam. its a stage 2
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

dunno if it is or not, but how they gonna know if u have one in there anyways. i would say it is legal
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

if its from crow cams it is legal i ran one in my gem for years and i got 3 yellow stickers and never got asked bout engine but u could hear the idle

just drop her in if u have all ur pollution gear on the gemini still no problems at all
tigermoon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

yeah i reakon they legal i got a big race cam in my gemini and never been questioned about the rocking and rolling of my lumpy cam
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

I think that you will find that your car will only be legal if it still passes emision test. With a bigger cam, your car will be less efficient which will likely screw around with the amount of nasties leaving your exhaust pipe.

Matthew
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

it will be less effiecent at idle
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

Hey matt, you're from brisbane right? I've seen your gemmi wagon, looks very nice mate
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: is a mild cam legal Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeh that's me.
You have a coupe right? See you driving around Algester.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: