HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

te dash to tg? is it possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shit box gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

i guess it would be possible, but do the tg dashboards just bolt straight in? cos im i wanna get another car, and truth b known i'll come accross a good one but it'll be a te and i hate those dashboards they suck, so yea was just wonder if the tg dash will bolt straight in.
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

NO
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

most things are possible but you would have to probably make ya own dash bracket thingy from a tg into it...i would just keep the te dash coz it will save ya all the hassles
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

Yep possible, seen it done before to a TD coupe with TG dash.

Its a headfuck of a job though since you need to basically graft the TGH dash mountings into the TD/TE body, then theres the wiring and stuff.

Possible but a bit load of work involved.

Personally I love the older TD/TE dash, actually looks more modern and smooth.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

you have to cut the mount out of a tg (the one that runs along the bottom of the window) the cut the td-te mount out, and tack weld the tg one in. (you will have to remove the front window to do this)

you have to change the heater box as the tg dash has side vents and MOST td-te dont

then you need to put a tg wiring loom in.

then you have to change the upper half of the steering column to the tg model

cunt of a job....
shit box gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: te dash to tg? is it possible? Reply with quote

yea thanks for the help fullas, i just wanted to know cos i have a nicely airbrushed tg dash in my zz/z with tacho n all, n i'll more thank likely find a te cos i seem to come accross heaps of em, n they only cost me a carton of piss Smile hahaha, i recon i could prolly do darren outta business, for that price,

matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: