HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need more fuel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: need more fuel Reply with quote

i just rebuilt my g161 it was standard but with a webber it used to rev to 6, 6 1/2 rpm. when i rebuilt it it got bored blanced crank and i added a 30/70 cam now it only revs to 5 and it feels like its not gunna go no more. i thought maybe needs bigger jets or a bigger carb cause it seems like its not getting enough fuel. what size jets should i have in the webber.
p.s sorry bout the length.

Reece
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: need more fuel Reply with quote

theres no way of really telling what size jetts to put in it, you should take it to some carby joint or something and they will hook it up to a gas analyser and find the right jets for it. or if you have a bit of money get it dyno tuned Very Happy
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: need more fuel Reply with quote

How much dizzy timing are you running now with the new cam.i use to have a cam with about the same spec and have a base timing of about 15 deg to 20 deg to get it to run right and to rev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: