HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SR20DET into TG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
I have just been offered an SR20DET from an S15 for $1000 (complete engine, computer, etc.) What do I need to get it into the engine bay in my TG and have it running. Any ideas how much this will cost?
Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

ARE U SURE ITS FROM A S15!!!??? if it is and your in brissy i will give you $2500 for it!!

----------
but to answer ya question. $5000 ontop of the engin
new fule lines (3/8" min) WAY bigger fuel pump(s) computer, engin mounts, gearbox mounts, new custom sump, custom tail shaft, cooler, engin bay plumbing etc, blah, blah, blah.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

Yeah, it's from an S15, I don't have it, i just got offered it. Thought it might've been a bit pricey to do all the other shit. Thanks for your help tho.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

can u still get the engin??
if u can i will buy it, u will make $1500 for nothing
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

I might be able to, I am in Melbourne tho. I will ask for u. U might have to change the engine numbers and stuff tho if you know what i mean. Wink
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

nasty
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET into TG Reply with quote

fuck that,
only wankers deal with stolen shit.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: damn straigh Reply with quote

tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: ...... Reply with quote

thought it would have been too good to be true
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

let me guess he is a lost little boy with nothing better to do than say he can get an s15 motor real cheap, and when someone shows interest he says its stolen just to look real tough in front of everyone, mate youre fuckin pathetic, grab your bong, then proceed to shove it up your thrashed jailbird arse sideways and get the fuck off this site... dodgy cunt!

cheers,
kev
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

I didn't steal it, one of my friends said one of his friends had one for sale and said I should think about putting it in my gem. When I asked how much it would cost to get put into my car gene said he would buy it, i had no intention of selling it to anyone, or even buying it for that matter.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

if you had no intention of buying it why bother posting...?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

To see how much it would cost to do compared to turbocharging my G161. Ended up being a shitload more expensive obviously. I think you can get an SR20DET for about $2000 from a Jap wrecker.
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

im with mr_gemi. i reckon you're full of shit. yeah you can get an sr20det pretty cheap.... but from an s13. the s15 motors are hella expensive
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ...... Reply with quote

exactly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: