HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Knocking from rear!!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Knocking from rear!!?? Reply with quote

Hey,
Just replaced stabiliser arm (rubber)and trailing arm bushes (nolethane) and i'm getting a knocking noise from the rear left when i turn right!??

I've had a look and nothing seems to be touching anything else where it shouldn't (i.e wheel)

Any ideas?

I need to fix it soon to get my canary off!!!
lennonjw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Knocking from rear!!?? Reply with quote

from experience i can only suggest re-tourquing every bolt and nut, not just what you replaced, including wheel nuts! check your diff oil, make sure the bushes and springs are sitting correctly and also play in your axles.

chris
1975 TX Coupe
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Knocking from rear!!?? Reply with quote

i also get that noise....i find its only when no one is in the car but me. its been annoyin the crap out of me for 8 months and i have no idea what it is....ive checked all the stuff sujested quite a few times...
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Knocking from rear!!?? Reply with quote

try going to pedders or some suspension ppl, i had some knocking from the front suspension, and wot u do is u act like a dumb cunt looking for quotes 2 fix ure car, they write on the quote and price and wot needs to be done, and u go to wreckers and do it ureself. i changed the rack and pinion, upper ball joints, and got 2 new gas shocks for $32 while i was at it, and is all good now.

chris.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Knocking from rear!!?? Reply with quote

what model gem do u have? early salisbury 8 bolt rear ends tended to make noises more readily (tx/tc only)
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: