HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VP Motor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emma21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: VP Motor Reply with quote

i recently bought a gemini panelvan and i wanted to know if i could put a VP motor in it, what if any modifacations would have to be done, also would it be street legal
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

yeah you could get it street legal with alot of piss fartin around and 10 grand later
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

i got a topic in r&d forum , it ain;t worth puttin it in a gemini though, go 4 a 2.6l

chris...
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

why is that chris ????
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

fucking here wo go......
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

b too hard to get it engineered n shit and u have to get better diff brakes suspension n the list goes on, i've looked into it , easeier to go the 2.6l leave the 3.8 to my vb.

chris...
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

nah no way dude its easier than you think and gemmi diff will handle it if you leave it open wheeler and before you blast me about the weight thing a V6 wouldnt weigh much more than a turboed 2 litre and youll get away with a budget gemmi for about 6 to 7k.. with V6

cheers

PS
what are these 2.6 engines out of and are they the same look as the isuzu engine currently in my car now and can you get a turbo engine as well..

thanx
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

the 2.6 comes out of the holden rodeo and i think jackaroo.... they are the biggest of th 4z.. range..... i also dont believe that it came out as a turbo....but there are a few going around....
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

as if a gemini diff would be able to handle a 3.8l 6, unless it was welded or sumthin, when car makers make difffs , they only make em strong enuf to handle the size motor it is being put into or there abouts, your putting an extra 100kw through it won't do it any good as 3.8l v6 vn motors put out 125kw.

chris...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

"brakes suspension n the list goes on"
u will need them on a 2.6 gemini aswell
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

1: i think leroy knows a little more then u.
2: car "markers" maker there diffs stronged so they dont get people coming in and complaining about ti braking
3: i dont think "most commodore owners have a gemini (maybe 1 in 20 do not "most)
4: a welded diff will blow b4 an open one will

"people who know shit cos the "cuz" told em it was true", out'
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

gene you are right but suck my willy
muahaha

willy suckers that are right this time out!
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

i know a guy here in adelaide with a green/blue TX coupe with a 308 in it, and the stock gemmi diff , the fukin thing still goes strong with no wines or nothing ,but his is a BOC welded diff, and only has had a couple of axles let go ,dont be fooled mate they are a pretty strong diff for what they are.. BUT not unbreakable..

and to answer your question the 9 inch what fuking car came out of factory with enough horsepower to only just allow the diff to hang in there??????? LOL

Thanx for your reply on the 2.6 engine..

cheers
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor and 2.6 ? Reply with quote

nothing is unbreakable.....even my heart *wimp* *cry* *tears running down my cheek*
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VP Motor Reply with quote

cockeye Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: