HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP ASAP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

yo i brought a 1.8 the other week and stuck it in me car and did about 30km and then heard a grinding type noise coming from hte gearbox. i ripped out the box and 5 outta 6 flywheel bolts where lose. i tightend em all up and put a different flywheel on and drove to the bottom of my street and then it started to make the noise again. so i pulled the box out again and all the bolts where loose so i used spare flywheel bolts and half a botttle of lock tight on em and i drove about 100km yesterday and then the same noise came back. im 80% sure that the bolt holes are stripped but wanna find out if any one has had the same problem or any other suggestions

cheers
mick
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

you did put that metal shim thing inbetween the flywheel and the bolts didnt you?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

yes mum i did
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

hahaha!! NOW TIDY YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

good, i dont want you going out and killing yourself because of your stupidity! you hear!?

yeah my mates flywheel flew off and smashed the bell housing which made the gearbox drop onto the handbrake cable and the car was written off in the end, all because he left that plate thingy out and sheared all the flywheel bolts off. we think thats why they all snapped anyway

matt
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

hey here's and idea, y dont u put ur old box back in? n then u can come n clean out my shed! ill give u a lolly pop
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

hahah ok well if i change gearbox that will stop my FLYWHEEL botls from coming out hahhahah
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

did u say u would suck his lolly pop?
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE Reply with quote

hehehe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: gene is a sicko! Reply with quote

sus cunt u r, n i swear i did read some shit about a fucked gearbox, either that or im really stupid, mick reconds it cos im stupid but yea, i recon thats debateable,
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: gene is a sicko! Reply with quote

but did u say u would SUCK his "LOLLYPOP" Wink
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: You Did What ??? Reply with quote

Using old used fly-wheel bolts is a practice best left for psychopaths... Under any curcumstances NEVER re-use these bolts!!!
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: you is driving the wrong way Reply with quote

not easy out,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: