HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

remote shifters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: remote shifters Reply with quote

http://home.iprimus.com.au/bobarmst/piazza/shifters.jpg
The unattached one is a Piazza one, but what is the one on the box? Gemini? It's a bit shorter than the Piazza one..
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

I have a piazza remte shifter in my gemi. It doesn't look anything like the ones in the photo. The one on the box is just shorter than the other one it was probably modified so it didn't come so far back. I know my remote shifter came of a piazza gear box i removed it myself from the car. It looks abit more solid then these ones.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

They are both Piazza shifters and they are both the same length. If you put one of these in your Gemini the shifter will come out next to the handbrake handle.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

Nah they're both unmodified and I know the longer one is off a Piazza because it came out of my Piazza..
I'm now guessing the first is off an earlier Piazza because the place I bought the box from said it was imported from Japan, it's close ratio, with a speedo gear to suit 3.5 diff ratio, so I guess it's from a G200Z Piazza..
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

Nup the one on the box is definitely shorter by a couple of inches.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

The box for the g200 dohc piazza (early import only) does not have a remote shifter I don't think.

I have that box and engine in my gem and the shift comes out of the normal gap pretty much.

Its not a standard gemi box since its a lot tighter and completely different shifter.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifters Reply with quote

Yeah but the G200 SOHC Piazza uses the same basic gearbox as Geminis and 4ZC1 piazzas so they need the remote shifter to get the shifter in the right place, guess it's just set a bit further forward in early Piazzas..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: