HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

fitting solex locks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

just finished installing a set of them into a 84 tg sedan and found with a bit of fiddeling they are quite easy to fit, which is not what i kept being told by the wanks at ricebarn.
but for anyone interested in what needs to be done you need to keep the original bracket that holds the original lock onto the door as the ones solex provide do not fit behind door.
replace locks with solexs but you need to bend or machine to size the actual lock arm on the inside as it is to big.
once it fits inside then you are set.
for more detail just ask.
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

got any pics?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL???????? i bought solex and they fited ferfict with the clips provided and ther was no bending ot machining needed, they just went in like the standard locks did
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

shit hey my doors must be differant or the locks were??????
who knows
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

Exactly! WHAT THE????????
As long as you get given the whole kit (with all the different arms etc), then they will go in easy. Mind you, you do need to have baby sized hands or REALLY friggin long fingers. I reckon whats happened is the dicks at the shop have put on the arms and bent them to what they think is to suit a gemi and screwed it up. Ive seen the supposed gemini kits that come "ready" to fit a gemini, and are still off. So make sure you get all 3 (i think 3) different arms with the kit.

Loz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

thats it, my kit came with a heap of different sized ars and i also found if u fit the right door lock to the left and the left to the right u dont have to file out anyhthing or bend the arms. the only difference is u have to turn ya key the opposite way to get it Wink
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

when i was loking at them thee were about 6 different kits.
Juso
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

piece of piss to fit...get the gemi kit and chuck em in ..
no machining etc
Mod Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: fitting solex locks Reply with quote

I have a 1978 TC Coupe and the solex's i got were a pain to fit, the front door ones went straight in, but the boot lock had to have a piece machined so the lock would be on the right angle to unlock it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: