HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

reground cam:.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: reground cam:....... Reply with quote

i gotta reground cam that i brought a couple of months ago n it's been sitin in my shed, i looked at it tha other day and it is rusting a tiny little bit. not on the lobes but in between on one end, would i be able to lightly sand it off with 400, or 1200grit paper without out affecting it?

cheers
chris...
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: reground cam:....... Reply with quote

I wouldnt, the lobes have to be like a mirror finish or you will wear your rockers down. if you do sand it use like 1500 grit paper then polish it really good with metal polish. but i still wouldnt recommend it
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: reground cam:....... Reply with quote

the lobes wont rust they hav a coating on them u could get away with sanding them. or take it to a machine shop and ask them to do it then keep it oiled up real well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: