HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine characteristics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm now the proud owner of a G180 to replace my G161, the swap is happening tomorrow. The fella I bought it off was told it was a 2L, but it is a G180. Judging by some of the gear on the car (sports wheel, sports exhaust, larger than stock tyres)one owner in its life did some work on it.

People say that a G161 and G180 will rev, whereas a G200 won't. What then happens if you bore a G180 out to G200 specs? I suspect this has been done to this motor, as an extra 200cc shouldn't make that much of a difference to performance.

Just had to say that
Cheers everyone
Greg
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

did you get this motor in a wagon? I think it was blue?
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

Yeah, it was out of a blue wagon. It was a 78 TD wagon (with aircon). How did you know?
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

oh, ok, not the one i was thinking of... i went and looked at a blue te wagon (no aircon) and the guy thought it was a 2l but it was a g180. I thought you bought the same car Very Happy lol
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

Oh well, I was hoping that you actually knew a bit about the car (like you knew the previous owner or something). I'd still like to know if it is actually a 2L or not. First I have to get the thing to run again.
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Engine characteristics Reply with quote

it will still rev hard cause the stroke has not changed thats why a 1600 and a 1800 rev so well shorter stroke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: