HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowering with17's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: lowering with17's Reply with quote

I am planning on buying my mates 17 inch rims with 205 tyres. If I put 2.5 inch lowered springs on is this gonna scrub hell bad? will I definately need to get my guards rolled? If I do can you do this without fucking up the paintwork?

cheers in advance -phil
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

i would say yes you will need to roll your gaurds, u can go to the pros and the have a special tool they bolt on to your axle stubs and wind it out to roll your gaurds and they can do it to an exent with out cracking the paint
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

Also may i suggest an Adjustable Panhard rod, if you intend to seat ppl in the back,

regards Smile
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

if you dont get those mags man i will what r they and how much does he want for thema?
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

i lowered mt te about 3-4 inches then put 17's on it, didnt have a trouble scrapping except the front on full lock. i didnt roll the guards either
WAS 161
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

it got 17" wheels and the only scrubbing i get is when i try to turn full lock. its lowered atleast 3" and there no scrubbing at all at the back even with three people in the back. the guards have been lipped but there was no need for them too be lipped, they are fine, it all depends on the offset of the wheels.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

it's not a good idea to get guards rolled if theres
bog any where near the arch as it just cracks
another way to roll them is to use 2-3inch pipe
and slowly move forward increasing the angle
eg - \ that's realy extreme egsample but you just
feel your way up do this slowly and you won't have to much truble
cheers
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

May i suggest also that a 205/40/17 tyres, i have 215, and they do scrub, but i dun have a adj panhard rod,

so roll on

regards
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: lowering with17's Reply with quote

I have 17's with 205/40's lowered 3" and adjustable panhard rod. offset it ET38 I think. No scrubbage on the back or front, only prob is you have to go really slow when close or on full lock.

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: