HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Auto to 5 Speed conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tassie Gem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

I'm about to but a 1.6 litre TE Gemmy. It's a sweet little car but the only problem is its got an auto box. Would it be possible to fit a 5 speed in this car, if yes how hard would it be?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

yeah u can swap to 5 speed there is a article in the workshop section

BTW wat u planning for the gemini?
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

Dude, its easy as hell....just as long as you have the mount for the clutch cable, and a sweet metal jigsaw to chop a hole in where your center console goes for the gear shifter, then Bob will be your uncle Smile
I have done it, its all good.....gone are the days of 3 spd auto..Smile
Good luck dude

Bern
Tassie Gem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

Its already got extractors, 2 inch sporty, alarm/immobilizer, new head gasket, new paint job, re-trimmed grey interior, massive mags (it sits a bit high so im gunna dump it and chuck some alloys on it) also hoping for a turbo of some kind, i'd love and SR20 turbo!!!!!!!!

With the 5 speed i wouldn't need to change to tailshaft at all would I??
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

yes you would need to retain the tailshaft
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to 5 Speed conversion Reply with quote

bah scrap that last comment, You would need the 5 speed tailshaft coz it is shorter or somethin aint it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: