HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Car won't start atfer gets hot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Car won't start atfer gets hot. Reply with quote

we drive our car to the shop down the road,then turn it off and when we go to start again it turns over, fires and then won't run , so we have to let it cool down for about an hour, so it will start again, plaese help before my wife burns it.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Car won't start atfer gets hot. Reply with quote

I take it you have checked the oil and engine coolant levels?

TuFf
TG Coupe Girl
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Car won't start atfer gets hot. Reply with quote

My 1600 is doing this too, will it crank for ages ? I sometimes have to crank it for 2mins before it starts. Try holding your foot flat on the accelerator and when it starts you can barely hear it and then with your foot still flat it will eventually rev out. I think its a carby flooding problem with mine but it only happens when it is hot. I also have a problem in the heat where the fuel is vaporising and you lose all power above 1500rpm (the car just seems to burble) Friends say to heat shield the fuel lines if the are too close to things like exhaust... hope this can help u??!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: