HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

weber question too!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: weber question too! Reply with quote

allo,
I just got a 32/36 weber carb for me car, I have put it on all fine and dandy, it goes and shit, but I have a question. howcome theres only 1 pipe for the fuel to go in? Like on the stock carbs theres 2, one for fuel and the other for overflow shit or whatever....so now, as I have blocked off the overflow pipe, I am getting fuel coming from the top of my fuel filter, not good!
So, anyone have any say in this matter? Is there supposed to be like an outlet pipe for me overlfow on the weber that i havent found yet?
Sorry for the long-un but I gotta know, otherwise I'll be losing fuel Sad

Thanks

Bern
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: weber question too! Reply with quote

sdoem of the gemini's have a single inlet for fuel becuase they run a mechanical fuel pump. If u dont yhave a mechanical fuel pump is to block the line off with a bolt and a hose clamp.
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: weber question too! Reply with quote

yeah well I have blocked off the hose with a bolt and hose clamp, but what i want to stop, is the fuel from coming out the top of the fuel filter...Am I mean to turn down the fuel mixture screw? Turn it up? All I wanna do is stop the fuel from leaking out the top of the fuel filter..thats all..

BTW I have a TE Wagon..

Bern
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: weber question too! Reply with quote

okay u have blocked off the return line right? and it still leaks? i would get a hose clamp and place it round the fuel filter that connects with the hose
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: weber question too! Reply with quote

My brother's weber has only one fuel line aswell, in.... I can't remember what he connected the return line to though.

My weber however has a breather/overflow.

I'll see if I can find out for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: