HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

dashlights
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: dashlights Reply with quote

i was wondering can you change the colour of the dashboard lights? Ours r the ordinary green i was wondering if you could make them red or blue or something?

TuFf
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: dashlights Reply with quote

ur dash lights aren't green its the plastic in ur tacho, n speedo thing that is green, im guessin you would have to replace the colour of that to change the colour of the light.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: dashlights Reply with quote

yeah i know the lights arn't green i was just wondering how you changed it.

TuFf
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: dashlights Reply with quote

um not sure how u would change them, i have a few idea's, kinda cheap ones, cos i dunno if u can buy coloured bulbs to put in there. first idea, put a little celephane, that coloured plastic stuff, over the bulb. and the other is you can get paint that is a semi clear, paint the bulbs then it should change the colour,

i know the ideas r kinda cheap but i recon they'd work, the celephane would work better than the other, i just dunno how hot the bulbs get cos it might melt the celephane and set it on fire, doubt it but yea.

let me know if you come up wit somethin

matt
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ignore my first idea, this will work better Reply with quote

actually u could prolly fit some of those small neon you can buy from autobarn in there, just pull out your tacho's and stuff and pull a few of the bulbs out the back so that you can run the wire through then connect it to you battery, leave the remaining bulbs in to give you more light.
matt
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ignore my first idea, this will work better Reply with quote

i was thinking what about some blue film.. supercheap auto sell it.. i was thinking if we could stick it onto the dash board?

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ignore my first idea, this will work better Reply with quote

i found a website with some info on. Not sure if it will work on the gem's though
http://pages.zoom.co.uk/visionmaster/dashboard_lights.htm

R n B... The way its meant to be.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ignore my first idea, this will work better Reply with quote

hey champ, go to repco and buy some narva silicone globe sleeves, available in blue only as far as i know, they work a treat and at $2.95 theyre not going to burn a hole in your pocket.
rbs out,goons

p.s R n B... crap-ee! Smile
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

ive got 6 in mine- 2 on the back floor, 2 underneath the dash and 1 on either side of the centre console (all 12 inch), even through tinted windows you can see them, all funky blue. if youre trying to light your interior up, they do the job very well.cheers
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

I just wanna jazz the interior up a little. Only problem is the cars an auto! I might change that later though. The lovely brown dash really sets the mood. Also i was thinking of putting some head light protectors on it. Like white ones with 2 circles in maybe i should just use some white contact. Although that is a bit rice boy. Maybe some hallogen globes for the headlights to. Or whatever they are. Another problem with the car is it does'nt have colour coded bumpers its a white gemini with black bumpers. Anyway i can get them stripped and painted white? Or would it be cheaper going to a wreckers and buying some white ones?

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

if its just the plastic finish and you wanna have a bash yourself, just prime them up and belt some alpine white (?) over the top. would there be enough room on rb headlight covers to make 2 decent sized circles? its illegal in any event. i have the same problem with the brown dash; ive bought another dash from the wreckers and as soon as i finish with it, itll be the same colour as the body (marina blue), sure beats looking at a poo brown dash.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

why r the circles on the headlights illegal? the For XR8's have em and the old TX3 lasers to. Yeah the brown is'nt very attractive did the dash come in any other colour?

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

so the legend goes, you're not allowed to cover your headlights with anything that isnt clear. a mate of mine has an sle as well and it has a grey dash/interior, the one from the wreckers is grey as well, a damn sight better than brown
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: neons Reply with quote

i have seen a old honda civic with a sprayed dash they sprayed it white.. looked dodgy though. I think that rule sucks! The old AU Falcon XR8 had only circles on its headlights! So its good for some cars as long as you can bloody afford them. What a crock of shite!

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Cleaning Question Reply with quote

What can i use to clean up the engine bay and give it a sparkle? Apart from engine degreaser and armor all.

TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: