HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemi Doors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Gemi Doors Reply with quote

Can ne one tell why my gemi has that ugly brown stains on the top of the door interior panel things??
How do you get rid of it?? How do you get the door handles off?? I tried scrubbing it with some carpet/stain remover stuff that i had lying around and it sort of came off but not completely. Its amazing how much dirt comes out of them!!!
Is there any special vinyl cleaner stuff out there??
Thanks

Long posts out
84TGEMI
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Doors Reply with quote

You could try a proper vinyl cleaner from most auto stores, or a tub of 'gumption' from the supermarket. Either will do the job. I assume you're asking how to take the interior door handles off to help clean the door cards. There should be one or two screws underneath the handle in the plastic cup behind it, it's normally easier to hold the door handle open while unscrewing them.
After cleaning them, get some sort of vinyl protector spray/wipe to put over the top of them. If you're back seat is completely vinyl, it's kinda fun to thoroughly wipe it down wit ArmourAll and take corners really suddenly wit friends in the back... If they dont have their seat belts on, they slide and slam into the doors like a mother bitch - damn funny stuff when they're drunk or stoned.
My mate's grandfather owned an old HQ wagon, apparently one day back like in '77 he went to the beach with the kiddies and accidently spilt sunscreen on the nice new vinyl back-seat. My mate swore black and blue that the bit with the sunscreen is still in mint condition while the rest of the seat is all sun-faded, crackin, tattered and torn. I didn't see it for myself, but it makes you wonder if it really does work like that.......
Jasyn...
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Gemi Doors Reply with quote

Thanks dude
I already tried gumption its really good stuff u can use it to clean anything. The other carpet cleaner/stain remover stuff worked about as good tho. After searching ive found that there is a hidden clip thing in the window winder thingy so that solve one prob. ne way is it normal for it to go all brown and crappy like that??? its on all four doors so it sounds like a lot of work. hehe
When i was cleaning it this arvo it looked almost like i was removing some of the finish/colour. im not sure if i was just getting 20yrs of dirt off or actually wrecking the vinyl stuff. it changed top a lighter green colour than usual. o well its of to supercheap tomoro Wink
Sorry bout the long post.
Thanks 84TGEMI
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Doors Reply with quote

i had the same crap on the top of my trim too, big kevs goo removers did the job with easzzzz, BIG KEV OUT.

chris...
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemi Doors Reply with quote

Thanks Mate
I didnt think of that. Nice to no that its not just my gem that it happened to.
84TGEMI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: