HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

mech to elect fuel pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: mech to elect fuel pump Reply with quote

ok i finally put me engine in me car today and the head is of a TE that runs the electric fuel pump and i have a TG that runs mechanical. Now i have the TE so ive got the electric pump but how do i wire the shit up. ive heard that the TG might have the wiring tehre but i doubt it. is it simple to hook up and whats involved and did they change to mechanical because of dramas wit the electirc

any help is muchly acpreachiated
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: mech to elect fuel pump Reply with quote

put it this way if you don't have any idea i think it's best to leave it to an auto elec
may cost a few bob but you can be safe in the knowladge
that it's not going to short out and the car catch fire
hope this helps
zzz
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: mech to elect fuel pump Reply with quote

I've wired the electric fuel pumps direct off the battery before with no hassles, just make sure you use a fuse as close as practical to the battery, and a switch of some description in the cabin - the pump will flatten the battery if left on overnight. Or, optionally, you will need to take it to a sparky and get them to wire the whole setup for you. Cheers Smile
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Hey bitch Tits Reply with quote

Michael Matey,

do what i did to the ol gurl,

hook it up to the park lights and use the parkers as the power for the fuel pump, just get a test light and find a power source when they are one, then hook her up,

so when ppl steal ya car they wont know until it dies lack of fuel, but if stolen at night, well lights would be good,

regards
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey bitch Tits Reply with quote

haha u dodgy tit sucker carlos. anyway my problem is fixed thanks to adams brain and my handy work. both the regulators are exaculy the same on the so ive traced the mech pump power wire down and tapped into it and brang the wire through to the boot. ive used my electric pump from the other car for the mean time and its as simple as that.
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: mech to elect fuel pump Reply with quote

run it stright off the battery and run an ignition wire so it will turn on when u put it on acc. or just put a swith in the car so u can turn it on and off thats what i have.
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey bitch Tits Reply with quote

This might be dumb Question but y does the mech fuel pump have a power wire???
C ya
84TGEMI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: