HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: Gem - DOHC water pumps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Attn: Gem - DOHC water pumps? Reply with quote

hey gem have you had a dohc water pump let go on you?

two things i gotta do next few days, repair water pump (its leaking real bad)

i got myself a genuine isuzu waterpump reco kit which is nice... unless my castings are buggered then i'll have to find one...

anything i should be wary of when replacing the parts?

and front main seal is the same as a sohc aint it? thats pretty straight forward on the late model twin cammers just drain oil and replace it yeah?

cheers
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gem - DOHC water pumps? Reply with quote

Martin I just replied to your other posting I haven't been on the net for a week.
Yes I have had a water pump fail. It was leaking from the hole underneath. I took it to a place in South Melbourne and they overhauled it for me that was about 6 years ago.
As for the front seal the Holden part number is 94020262 which I would say is a g200 item or go to someone like CBC bearings as the sell oil seals.Have a good Christmas.Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: