HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Spec Info.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Spec Info. Reply with quote

hi im a noob so dont boot me off cause there is no were else to post tech info!
I have just pulled my engine out of my TE gemini as i blew the head! I fitted a second hand engine and runs well Smile
I have bought a engine stand and engine crane and i am ready to pull it down and send it away to get it bored!
that is my question is it worth boring it out? its a 1584cc (1.6L) what would the max bore that i could do on it without getting too close to the water jackets and wrecking the engine?
THANK YOU!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Spec Info. Reply with quote

as posted by adam...

"Don't post here unless you've already done some of the hard yards yourself. Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you. Quite honestly, don't post here if you are a newbie or not technically minded, this forum is intended for technically capable gemini fans to discuss technical issues.

Don't post asking questions about how to fix your car, this forum is for *research* and *development* not to ask about how to change your brake pads or similar.

As part of my current (August 02) policy of zero tolerance, I will delete and/or ban for any breach of these rules.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Rules of R&D Reply with quote

Since you are a newbie, i'll point out that this forum is not for initial questions. On the next page of this forum you'll notice a post marked 'Rules on posting' by 'Adam' - the dude that runs this site. At the top of this page you'll see a link named 'Search', go to this and punch in something to the effect of "maximum overbore" or "boring a 1600". There will be countless posts to sift thru and most likely you'll come across extra info that will come in handy. If you cant find the info coz of all the pointless posts and garbage that gets posted, then ask this question in the 'General chat' forum. If i had the answer i'd tell you and get you on your way, but i dont and thought it might be a good idea to let you know that you can get banned from puting these sorts of posts here in this forum.

Jasyn...

P.S If someone has already posted about how they worked their engine, then you could get away with asking this query.
skippy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Spec Info. Reply with quote

G'day hellholefred.

It not big bores make a engine go fast.The cam, headwork,exausht & intake plus diff ratio that make engine go fast and buy the way go and do a 40 to a60thou bore to the block and then go and do big valves to the head and open the intake & outtake.At all secerts i'm go to tell u
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: