HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RB GEMINI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

having a problem with acceleration.. it will accelerate a little then it gets sluggish and holds back for a second then its fine.. but its pissing me off so how do i fix it? Also what do i have to do to change what fuel i use in it. The RB can use either leaded or unleaded and it has been running on leaded for as long as we have had it and i want to change it over.

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

i think (dont quote me im drunk) if u wanna run it on unledeaded run it til its near empty and then fill it with unleaded i doubt theres any mods u need to do it to run it on unleaded. Mines on unleaded and i havent done anything to it. If its sluggish get some carbuy cleaner, its good shit and not real dear go to Big W and its cheap as. Works well.

Pete
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

the carby was cleaned out only afew weeks ago.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

has it copped a tune recently? i thought the general rule of thumb with running unleaded in an engine designed to run leaded was to install hardened valve seats, though i may be wrong. cheers,goons aka 86sle
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

i think the mechanic changed the oil mixture.. and he cleaned the carby.. coz it went from a black smoke machine to no smoke... and it was eating petrol and the prob was that oil was getting into the carby... i would'nt call it oil... more like chunky black crap.. then it ran alright for a little while.. and now she gets sluggish for just a second.. but still thats a second to long.. The boot lining in it has gone and i am going to knock up a plywood bottom for it and was gonna put some checker plate on the back of the rear seats. Put some bonnet lining under the hood.. New seats!! Oh how it needs new seats!! and a sports steering wheel.. and i am blabbering here lol.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

blabber on champion! mines half blue half primer at the moment, i have 2 weeks holidays and the windows get tinted on monday, it gets lower on friday, and hopefully resprayed the week after, plus i bought some dodgy exa seats (the ones with turbo accross the front) and theyll go in soon plus ive bought a full sl/e interior from the wreckers (minus seats and carpet) for $120 and thatll all end up blue before long. im putting neons in this arvo before work. the c/plate sounds like a good idea, i think youll have to see the mechanic again cos i have no idea, can anyone else help??? cheers
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

ok now im not drunk, i can probably give u a straight answer. The reason its sluggish could be the timing is fucked a little. I found mine has a flat spot is the dizzy is in a certain position. If u wanna, try moving the dizzy a little bit more clockwise, this will advance the timing a little, giving it more power and getting rid of the flat spot. Well it did in mine.

Anyway bout doin it up, i wanna get new seats in mine but dunno any that will fit it without fucking aroudn with it. I dont have a lot done to mine except a pretty quality sound system ($2000+), 13" mags, tinted windows and thats about it. How do u reckon it would look lowered with 13"s on it. I just have a feeling when i lower it, its gonna look really crap

Pete
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

Whats the difference between the SLX interior and the SLE?

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

Our has the stock 14" on it.. the really ugly ones. I think you should put some 14's on it... or maybe bigger? Not to big.. then it just looks stupid..

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

Eh Peteymate i had a look at a site that u posted previoulsy.. http://www.ekw.com.au/Performance_Engines/performance_engines.html but there is no 4XCI or what ever it is.. or is that just hat they have in stock?

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

they used to have it listed they must have sold out
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

the diff in the interiors is that the slx (the good one) has a tacho dash and a btter trim
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

in regards to the unleaded/leaded question, there are actually a lot of cars from the 80s which can be ran on both without modification. some organisation released a big list of cars a while back which can be ran on unleaded even though they are stated as leaded. my old mitsubishi colt was a leaded car, and i ran it on 80% unleaded, 20% leaded and it was fine.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

I just wanna make sure i don't have to flush that tank and lines or anything like that. Coz i don't know how to!

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: RB GEMINI Reply with quote

what kinda dash has the SLE got then?

TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: