HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

y gemis rust so much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

i've been told that they used to sit outside as a bear shell before they were painted, and that they were only painted when someone ordered one, so apparently thats y they rust so much, not to mention the double pannels hold water, yet another piece of information to file away in the useless info box
matt
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

Doubt it. Since then people would buy a gem new and 2 months later the paint would start bubbling off.

Theres still plenty of old gems with ok paint on them. (Ok meaning not flaking or whatever).

They just rust because of design flaws, as you said, double panneling, poor drainage, drainage holds get blocked etc.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

yeah doesnt help sitting on the docks for two months either in south australia

to anyone who cares my mate scored a jobn with holden working in the tranmission R&D section
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

My Gemini has original paint (sandpiper bronze) and it is in great nick, not bubbling or flaking or anything. Only thing is I got 2 patches of not very well matched paint where a truck hit my right door and pushed the front left guard into a pole :~(
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

it all depends on how long a car sit's in the weather
i bought my zzz with good paint and sfa rust but have to leave it in the weather at work so now it looks like shit
btw i have no garage at home either
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: y gemis rust so much! Reply with quote

tru! u own a zzz too? i own one, well atleast we think its a zzz cos its got all the bits, sunroof, tach dash, mudflaps, front skirt, rear zzz spoiler, mines not real crash hot though, its kinda been wiped out b4, cos the pillar between the drivers door n rear door is alittle bent n there is rippels in my roof, its had the front repalced, n i dont have the codes on the id plate that kinda id's it as a zzz accordin to darren from the gemi shop,
if i can it will be getting stripped down again n resprayed, it was resprayed from the original silver to a blue, but im thinkin bout changin that, n mabey gettin rid of all the zzz gear except the sunroof, its a bitch cos it leaks, i kinda smashed the glass but its too much hassel to patch it up, ne way if you live in bris qld i'd love to see another zzz, so i could compare it to mine, see if my shitbox is the real deal.
soz for long post,
zzz mabey out
matt
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: dont tell me to paint it silver again either! Reply with quote

just thought id post this I AINT PAINTIN IT SILVER AGAIN! im a spraypainter n i can find a lot more sick colours to paint my gem rather than crappy original silver so dont even tell me to paint it silver again unless u offer to buy it off me!

matt
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: dont tell me to paint it silver again either! Reply with quote

i saw a white zzz from rocky when jamboree was on
it was smick as but i still like the sliver look in modified gallery and you will see my zz/z
cheers nik
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: dont tell me to paint it silver again either! Reply with quote

it's 5 pages in to the modified gal
cheers
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: dont tell me to paint it silver again either! Reply with quote

yea man i've seen it, its pretty mad, mine is in the stock gallery, on the first page. n ive seen that white one,i got photos of it saved on my computer, as a matter of fact i have fotos of urs on here too, that white one is pretty mad,did they come out wit those rubber fin things on the quarter panels? cos i dont have them, but then again my front end has been replaced

matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: