HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine q's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brock BLU GeM
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Engine q's Reply with quote

Fellow gem owners.. i am currently rebuilding a G200 block, i eventually want too turbo or super-charge it at at later date.My main worry at that time will be if the donk will hold up to the power increase. I mainly want to know what kits\ parts can i buy that will require no actual engine mods but will supply me with the industrial strength i need.(eg. boring,porting,stroking) u may think im stupid for not doing these, but as said in earlier postings theres fuck all room for it in the G200 block. If someone can get beck with sum help i can explain more.. BBG
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine q's Reply with quote

You'll just need a good set of pistons (could try Piazza pistons but they are 1 mm bigger). Standard crank and rods are fine. Keep the comp ratio below 9:1 for when you fit the blower or turbo and you should be fine.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine q's Reply with quote

a good place to start would be a engine builder who deals with turbo's talk to him a lil bit and when u feel he is giving u a point in the right direction buy what he recommends either from him or thru ur spare parts place.

For pistons depending on Hp get a decent set of hyperruetics or if the budget can afford it get forged pistons. The crank and rods will hold up fine i think ben wight hasnt thrown a rod or snapped one. i would try getting the block o-ringed to hold the combustion.
BlueTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Engine q's Reply with quote

One thing to say, knock the compression right out of it, doesn't go hard then pump more boost.
Brock BLU GeM
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine q's Reply with quote

why i thank you alot theres sum good ideas there lads cheers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: