HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SA Rego Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

Since my car is off the road I havent bothered to pay rego. So the rego has been out since the start of october just about.

Whats the deal here ? Can I leave it un-reg'd in the shed while I work on it and simply re-register when I am ready to drive it again ?

Or is there a rule that says if a car is unreged for a certain period of time it must have an inspection etc.. ?

I do know there is a small fine for not re-registering after a certain amount of days but thats all I can think of.

Any help is appreciated. I'd rather keep my car on the road now than have to get it inspected and have stuff like exhaust and guages removed after all that work.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

By what my understanding is that as long as you are the registed owner of the car you can leave it unregoed for up to four years and pay a late fee B 4 you have to pass the pits but ring rego and get the finer details

cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

Thanks.

I rang them yesterday and they said I just need to write them a letter and sign it. Basically saying that the car will be off the road for x-amount of time and I do intend to put it back on the road.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

Thats bullshit. Just let it run out. After three months of not having rego, they will send u a letter saying "your car is out of rego, and has been for 3 months" to which you do nothing about.

When you are ready to rego it, go to your nearest motor reg department (can;t pay at the post office once it's run out) and pay like normal.

They will charge you a late fee of $14. However they wont charge you the admin fee of $14. If you pay your rego on time you get the admin fee of $14 but obviously no late fee. either way, they slug you $14 bucks.

road taxes out
mooch
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

thank god mooch cos my gemi has been off the road for 1 year. i was startin to stress
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SA Rego Question Reply with quote

the mooch mobile was off the rd for 3 yrs at first, then for 7 months with the second rebuild, and then 8 months with the third one.

cheers
mooch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: