HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Weber Accelerator Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Weber Accelerator Cable Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Has anyone tried making the accelerator cable to suit 32/36 weber to put on a gem? what is involved and is it hard work? would i be better off taking it to a carbie place and getting it done there. Also, how do i rejet it and tune it so it runs at the correct air/fuel ratio?
If anyone has one of these carbies that they want to sell that has been modified to suit a gemi, let me know.
Cheers everyone,
Mat
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Accelerator Cable Reply with quote

I think you just need to weld a small bracket in to hold the gemi accelerator cable in the right spot.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Accelerator Cable Reply with quote

AutoBarn and Repco have the parts made by Redline to overcome the 32/36 swap. Both accelorator cable and accelorator bracket can be bought. Have you tried Ben Wight's site ? You're info may be there at... http://www.giant.net.au/users/wight/index.htm
Cheers,
Jasyn...
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Accelerator Cable Reply with quote

Sounds good, so does this stuff all just screw into place and stuff or do i have to weld it? do you have any idea how much the cable and bracket costs? I am a bit worried about the air/fuel ratio being wrong but I spose I could get it dyno tuned for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: