HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

i was just wonderin if ne one knew nethin bout these engines, they came outt of a mitsu pajero, sigma (dont laugh) and someother mitsu, i was just wonderin if they'll fit n if they go alright cos i can get one for fuck all, its sittin in my mates shed, it came outta his old fullas pajero
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

the mighty asrton 2. all in all the engine is a joke. chews too much fuel and doesnt give much power.
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

if thats the motor you mean, dont bother!! they come out of those shithouse magnas lol not even enough power to chirp 1st!!! hehehe
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

it was desighned as a north south engine. it worked in the sigmas ok[not great but ok] but the they made the mgnas east west and the donk just dont act right
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

why bother? rodeo 2.6L bolt straight in and they put out a shit load more power than them boat anchor magna motors
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

thanks peeps, i was just wonderin cos as i said i can get one for like nothin, but i wont bother. oh another thing that i found out today, i think my gearbox is kinda how would you say screwed!?! i was at the servo waitin to get fuel, n i put it in reverse stopped then put it in first n went to take off, the fucker went BANG! n spat it outta first, thing is the box still works! :I then thought well i dont think its got ne oil in the box, pitty i cant get the fuckin bolt off to fill it up, i think my box is screwed but i dont have ne cash to get a reco 1 so yea, fun fun.
bodgie gemi out,
matt
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

As he said he could get one for free ya fuckin idiot. Also out of the box its got like a litre more so it would be better than the 1600. But im only advising you to do it coz your box and engine might be stuffed but just check them first. Plus they are a shit motor but better than a stocko 1600. I would say go for it to get some fun outta ya gem until ya get some money for a rodeo engine (Y)
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi 2.6 will it fit? Reply with quote

yeah by the time you spend money chopping the tunnel ,making engine mounts and crossmember, gear box crossmember, tailshaft, dont you think you would be better off going and buying a rodeo engine YOU FUCKIN IDIOT.

wake up, half you fools think you can bolt an engine in for $10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: