HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Painting is a pain...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Painting is a pain... Reply with quote

Sorry for all the gay Questions...
Anyhow, i'm spraying a metalic paint right, and I am lead to believe that I am not to sand the top coat cause it will rub out the metallic look or something like that.. Anyhow, so what do I do, to get rid of all the dusty overspray shit thats left on it? The car has had about 5 coats of top coat now, and its all dusty and shit, and the dust comes off easy, so is there somehting I am meant to use to get it all off, or do I sand it off??

Thanks again..

Bernard
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting is a pain... Reply with quote

buy a tack cloth from where you get your paint from, they're kinda like a chucks cloth but they r sticky, wipe the surface over 2 times or so, then apply your clear, it also helps if you can run air while doing this eg, run the gun witout anything in it while tacking for the first time then tack once withour the air.

matt
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Painting is a pain... Reply with quote

u can also leave the last coat to dry then buf it with a quality buffing compound to get rid of your overspray then spray your clear coat ..... somebody correct me if this isnt correct for metallic paint.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting is a pain... Reply with quote

Hmm.. that may not work.

Depending on the compound the clear could react.

You could try spraying a very thin final coat of paint ie: more thinners than paint. May gloss it up a little.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting is a pain... Reply with quote

dude, i got coarse metallic in acrylic, on a dark dark red, almost brown, and painted color, then 30 mins or so later, the dude, put on the clear, then sanded, but polished, that etc.

chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: