HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tacho Dash TG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

Ive found a tacho dash for my TG at the wreckers and he wants $45. I that reasonable???? hehe He also wants $250 for a 5speed box. The dash has volts oil fuel and temp gauges and a stock gemi tacho. If i get it do i need any of the senders or ne thing???
Thanks
84TGEMI
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

It was an SL/X and it had the left mirror as well!!! I dont want it tho it a remote one and mine isnt. The right is broken. Is there ne thing else worth getting off it???
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

How much is the mirror worth??? And where bout you at??? I need a left for my TE.
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

dunno i didnt ask him. Im in Bundaberg, central QLD. R those prices he gave me reasonable??? considering location??? not really interested in the box tho.
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

I paid 35 for my tacho TF dash (same features as you describe). Just plug it in and all but the oil pressure will work, for which you need the oil pressure sender unit. so grab that whilst your there and hope it works. check the dash lights work before fully bolting it all back together, otherwise you waste time taking it back out etc
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

Thanks Mate
Is it just me or is $250 for a 5spd a rip off??? not recon but running
With the sender thing is it just a pull out and replace job??? im not sure if the eng at the wreckers is running or whatever. if i just pull it out will it drop much oil???
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

no idea sorry, i never got around to grabbing the sender unit from the engine i ripper the dash out of before I sold the gemi, but I figure it cant be THAT hard Smile and price on the 5 speed, hrmmm no idea either
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

Dunno on those prices, you could try other wreckers for a comparo... Can you find out what he wants for that mirror, i could be interested in that.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

You only need a sender unit for the oil pressure gauge, everything else works fine. The oil pressure sender is a straight swap, it has two electrical connections on it one for the warning light and the other for the gauge. When you remove the sender unit oil will come out of it so bung the hole with something i.e. piece of rag. When you screw the new sender unit in you will find the wire for the oil pressure gauge wrapped up in tape on the same wire as the warning light. Actually getting the gauge to work can be fun, when i installed mine i had to muck around with it before it worked but now it is fine.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

250 is like daylight robbery
i paid 40 bucks for one in perfect nick but that was lucky
most wreckers here in brissie now chargin about 100 - 150 for a 5spd
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

how much is a tacho dash for a TG in brissie????
Might be down there sometime after xmas.
Thanks
84TGEMI
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

mirror is blue i think
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Tacho Dash TG Reply with quote

go to gemi shop not sure on price but prob 50 - 100 bucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: