HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slrgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have a tf with g200 conversion. My question is this, i have been having temperature problems with it. The gauge reads half when running around town (too hot for me annyway) but it gets real close to the red line on the gauge once ur goin 100/110 up hills n stuff. I installed a torana radiator, little better now, but still reads too hot. I was wondering if it could just be that the temp sensor on the g200 is not set up 2 work with the g161 gauge? I say this because the engine gives no other signs of being particularly hot. Ne help appreciated. Cheers.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

GET A AFTERMARKET TEMP GAUGE AND USE THAT. AND ALSO BUY A NEW SENDER. THEN IT WILL GIVE U EXACTS
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

IS IT A 4 SPEED??? IF IT IS I USE TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. GET A 5 SPEED AND IT WILL BE FINE. AS IT IS REVING OUT TO HARD IN 4TH AT 110KM/H
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

My money would be on your water pump... I've had zero overheating problems (besides when i thrash the poor thing) with my G200 - well, unusual ones anyway. So try a new pump and chuck a new thermostat and coolant in while you're at it. Shouldn't cost more than $35 bucks all up to do it yourself and thoroughly flush and back/reverse flush your cooling system while its all pulled apart. My room-mates Gem had similar symptoms and i did this to it and the problem dissapeared.
P.S I'm a little unsure as to whether a G161
water pump will bolt on, i have read in
these forums that G200 pumps are slightly
bigger due to a taller block or head height.
Hopefully someone here can confirm this
rumour for others that may need a water
pump change.

Cheers,
Jasyn...
slrgem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

nah 5 spd. the aftermarket gauge sounds the go neway thanx.
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

dats what i was gonna say, my mates vn hade the same problem, he did a water pump seal but he just got the hole thing replaced, u can tell if it needs replacein if your leakin water from the engine bay of if you have to keeeeep fillin up your radiator heaps cause the water runns out tooo quickly.

chris...
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: ne1 with g200 conv. experience Reply with quote

my car does the same i have a te with a tg (1984) dash the original sender would read three quarters once warmed up..changed the sender with the one that the dash came from and it does the same. the car is now fuel injected and i use the computer temp readings. at three quarters the cars temp is about 80 deg

But this may not be your problem.
get it checked out.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: