HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Alternator upgrade - voltage regulator??!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Alternator upgrade - voltage regulator??!! Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Just got myself an alternator off a vs, i'll be able to rig it up to fit and change the pully etc, but i'm lost in terms of the wiring??

I know that the vs alt has an internal regulator, so i dunno what to do? Should i bypass the original gemini regulator (near the battery?) or somehow disable the regulator in the vs alt?

I'm assuming the only other change should be the wires from the + terminal on my old alt (Dont have any wires going to the other terminal??) should go to the terminal on the vs that says b+? Plus the vs one has a connector for a plug with 2 pins, and my old alt has been rewired and has a plug with olnly 2 pins too (Should be 3??)

anyway, any help is needed for the regulator, thanks guys

Jus
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator upgrade - voltage regulator??!! Reply with quote

u can [piss off the gem regulator, If ur stuick i would see a auto sparky
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator upgrade - voltage regulator??!! Reply with quote

so to get rid of the gem regulator is it just as easy as unplugging it? or does it require re wiring?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator upgrade - voltage regulator??!! Reply with quote

Needs rewiring... things like the fuel pump n shit run off that regulator... I would take it to an auto elec coz if you stuff it up you could have a nice exploding battery or an equally cool car fire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: