HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

injector/ TB upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

I currently have a piazza turbo injection manifold. I will be looking at getting somewhere around 150-180 KW out of my motor I was just wondering. What the standard injectors flow and what injectors I could use for an upgrade and what flow rating I should be looking at.

I also have pretty much the same quesion for the throttle body. Which one would be the best for an upgrade as I dont like the look of the twin butterflies being so small. Fitting really isnt much of a hassle as the plenum will be custom made.

CHEERS
JOSH
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

I have an ECGI manifold that has been modified, where i have an XF throttle body mounted on the front of the plenum, makes intercooling heaps easier,

as for injectors i think standard piazza are 220cc (that is a wild assumption)

i would seugeest 13B turbo injectors, shop around

regards
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

I was thinking an xf throttle body but I was told that it would be a little too big but it would probably need one around that size.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

What size are the butterflies? I doubt they would be too small, but consider any common throttle body like v6 commodores, falcons, smaller engines too. I am using a 4ZE1 throttle body, about same size as v6 commodore, and think it is sufficient, made 150kw at wheels.

180kw at flywheel will require around 350cc injectors, im only saying this because I know 13T injectors are 550cc and support 100hp each, at average fuel pressures.

Depnding on what type of injector is needed, there is the Bosch o-ring type - most common, hose tale type, dleco o-ring type. These are the only three i've had to deal with. you can get 13T injectors in both bosh and delco o-ring type, but I would think they will bo too large for your engine, piazza ones might be big enough? Why dont you take them to a place that cleans them, they can also tell you how much they flow.

Ben Wight
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

I have 2 piazza manifolds and they both have different fuel rai set ups. If you have the one were the injector join on the fuel rail with a hose the cheapest upgrade is to VL turbo injectors. If you have the other where the injectors push into the alloy fuel rail there are a few cheap options you can get the 2lt magna blue injector or SAAB injector but the fuel rail its self will need to have the holes for the injectors machined out so the injectors will fit. I have the piazza engine in my car and at the moment i am running the magna injectors and they work fine. In a couple of weeks i am upgrading my turbo to a 320kw roller bearing and putting the SAAB injectors in. The XF throttle body is the best i have found. Our manifold has been machined where the original throttle body was and had a aluminum plate welded on and then the XF throttle body bolted on.
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

with the xf throttle body mounted in that position is there much room next to the rocker cover.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: injector/ TB upgrades Reply with quote

It has been mounted on a slight angle so that it will clear the rocker cover. then the pipes run out through the two factory holes on each side of the radiator so that the shell didn't need to be cut for the cooler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: