HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Air Filter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Air Filter Reply with quote

We have a rb gemini which is suffering from a lack of air getting into the engine. I have been told that the standard housing lid is too close to the carb mouth and restricts air flow. Any ideas on what i can put in its place? I heard about a guy who put a Nissan Filter housing in instead of the original one.

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

for my RB, i got a sports filter mate, just one of thoses one round ones that u put the ring filters in. If u get one u will need to get a big of pipe the welded to the mouth so it will fit on the carb, but other than that its good for air flow.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

Also it has air conditioning that actually works! But it takes up quite alot of power from the engine any ideas on how to fix that? Dont say wind the windows down!

TuFf
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

There is no way to fix that, unfortunatly its just the sad factor of air conditioning.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

there is a couple of ways, one that you already mentioned... take the fucker out and use your windies, or get a ripsnorter of a donk in it so you never notice the difference...
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

ok thats all good but what about the air filter!!

TuFf
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

could try ringing ricebarn or places like that who would stock sports style air cleaners, they usually have supported cars on the back of boxes, but they should tell you what you need over the phone...
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

thanks

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

i looked at all them places and i coudlnt find one that would fit standard so i just bought one and took it to a place and they welded a bit on the bottom so it would fit around the neck.

Dont wanna sell ur air con do ya Smile
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

depends how much its worth!

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

Now that i think about it. No i don't want to sell my air con!

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

just think of the extra power, plus im in QLD, I need it more than you Smile
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Filter Reply with quote

I dont think so!

TuFf
geminice
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: CHECK IT OUT Reply with quote

an RB owners fite hahahahahhahaha nice one boys
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CHECK IT OUT Reply with quote

it happens princess. peteymate theres an sle in a wrecking yard in my area, do you want me to check and see if it has the a/c in it? central west nsw. cheers, goons aka 86sle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: