HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

what size fuel lines would be best for an upgrad????
im using the fj20det, looking for around 200kw.

what size to u recommend, and do i replace all 3? or just the main fuel line???
cheers
gene
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

im half smart becaseu i can tell u for sure adam knows becaseu he replaced his not long ago.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

i know that why im askin him. but he went hard core with 1/2 inch or something crazy like that
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

go the half inch. so long as you have a returnline still. and make it aboot the same size too. you can never have too much fuel available
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

there are 3 lines under the car. fuel line, return line, whast the other one????????????????
cheers
also dont u think 1/2 inch is abit over kill and a waste of fuel?? or does it just go buck in the return line?
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

as long as you have a return line what ever isnt used is retuned via the the retun line to the fuel tank. also it wouldnt hurt to have higher presure fuel pumps put in
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

yeah i think the 2 VL turbo pumps should do fine Very Happy hahahaha

but whats the 3rd fuel line under there 4??????
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

isnt it a breather line
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

The third is for the fuel vapour seperator on top of the tank.
I'd use 10mm, I went 8mm but should have gone bigger for the hell of it. Buy some steel bundy tube and its not too hard to bend yourself, as long as your carefull. Its not real expensive, cheaper than efi hose. It wont waste fuel because the engine will only use as much as the injectors squirt. And this is mainly regulated by the fuel regulator. 10mm is good, most people stick to original lines in most cars and they dont go too much bigger than 5/16". Heaps enough for 200kW.

Loz
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

Are you going injection Gene? wouldn't you want to disconnect the fuel return line then?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

fucks me, thats why me asking. lol

its a fj20 offcourse its efi hehehe jokes man.

and i would think (95% sure) u need a return line?
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

You coulda spent a lot of money working an FJ20 and then just stuck a single barrel carb on just to be cool. And actually I lied, you would want a fuel return line for EFI. I'm having a non thinking morning, ignore my previous post Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

haha yeah, i thought u would need one LOL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

im using the standard lines for my injection. i am thinking mine would be lucky to be 110kw (geminis are so gutless)
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: ADAM, BEN...... anyone smart :D Reply with quote

In my opinion, standard size fuel line will deliver enough fuel. I say this because of my own experience, and with another gem that I think made 350hp at the wheels with standard fuel lines.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: