HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rear brake conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

ok people i tryed looking with the search option but i couldnt find it is their a straight swap conversion for my TD wagon drum brakes to disk brakes

people have said this can be done with a VN comadore. as long as they are enginer checked.... so is this do-able

If not wot other conversions can be done rather easily on a low budget???

any suggestion would be great thanks no hurry either im doing it when i get off on school holidays.

thanks pyr0
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

if you can get a piaza diff, they fit and theyre really good discs, check your local jap spares place
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

comodore rears with spacers behind them 2 mm I believe to keep the same offset
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

what and where do these spacers go ???
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

also is that piaza diff a L.S.D i think i read in a post b4 that it was ???

thanks pyr0
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

The Piazza diffs are too wide for the Gemini (the suspension mounting pounts are about 15mm further out each side, which does not work well), and not all Piazza diffs are LSD.
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

so the piazza diff is out of the question then ??? so what else is suggested ??
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

vn disks are the go. first of all you dont need spacers. all you need to do is get them redrilled for 4x100mm stud pattern, then the rest is just fiddling around with the backing plate and brake line. the bearings are the same. you can get this done in roughly a couple of hours if you know what your doing.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: rear brake conversion Reply with quote

One question. Are you doing the rears instead of doing the front? Doing the front is much more beneficial than changing to 4wd first.

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: