HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

working on home studio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: working on home studio Reply with quote

I liked the song that David Tennant just played on Desert Island Discs about family - don't know it's name as I was cooking the kids breakfast, but it must be on the Radio 4 web Written by a comedia
tein changes. Proton NMR is extremely B. melitensis, is replacing strain 19 in sev- enzymatic involvement in integration of
protein-ligand complex of known three- One way to avoid nonspecific binding is by C-terminus of the nuclear protein NuMA
Binding was favored by the presence of structures in 3D cell culture may not reflect domain V of mouse perlecan, Biochem

Last edited by Sarge on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

yeah heaps easy conversion, u will need a computer, engin cost me $1400, new fule system, turbo exhaust, conversion kit, etc...
around $4000-$5000 to have all the runing gear done, this would be with the engoin left stock. u would run a low 13 with the stock engin and aftermaket computer and up the boost.
im looking for around 200kw and a low 12 high 11 second pass, and no im not leaving the engin stock Wink heheh
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

are u putting a turbo on yours??
how much extra about will this set ya back?

also, which will have more power just stock, the FJ20 or a G200DOHC??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

all fj20s are turbo, if u go and put a n/a one i u are wasting your time.
the stock fj20det will be quicker over the dohc
im spending about $5000 extra ontop of the engin
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

ohh excellent Very Happy *twiddles fingers*
what else are you gettin for your engine?

How easy are these to come by (the engine that is)?

You said it was an easy conversion... does this include the new fuel system, and a conversion kit, what do this consist of (particular to a gemini), engine mounts etc?

What box have you got behind yours?

What model gemmi u got it in?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

im putting it in a 79 coupe.
im using a vlT fule pump and biger fule lines (3/8ths i think??) haltec computer, 660cc bosch injectors, custom manifold, forgies, ported head, t03/4 hybrid, cooler and exhaust, bigger throtol body. few other bits and pieces.

the engins are easy to get hold of, just go to a jap wrecker,
i am runing a fj20 5 speed box
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: A request for Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

well Gene,

i would like to propose to you, to see if the ol mighty FJ20 can really out do a Modified G200 DET,

as some know Isuzu motors just plainly suck in general, but i wish to prove that comment wrong, as i see we have the same goals to modify our motors,

i would like to challenge you to a race when both cars are running right, say around FEB - MAR??

DO YOU ACCEPT??

regards
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: A request for Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

hahahha hey carlos do u even know how to race hahahahha

na man my money is behing u. i reckon that a G200DOHC will beat a FJ if u spend the same amount on both becasue it will cost more to fit the cunt in and that money can be spent on better stuff.

hey carlos if u win you get these *rub tits*
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: A request for Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

Im touched by your comment and could cry, but then id laugh,

as do you remeber when you got pulled over and i cut straight through the roundabout??

thanks for yor support, but Nissan Power is overwhelmin, and if Gene was Japanese, with a last name like his, he'd be the next HKS Drag Gemini Coupe,

as for fittin, yes easy but Turbochargin is another concept, as it is a bit cramped, but can be made to look good

regards
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: A request for Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

ahh good old memories from that night. hey i got pulled over in roughly the same spot 2 weeks ago for a "random" check but theres nothing wrong wit my car Smile i rekon gene does have some japanese in him, but we will have to c how he parks before we make comments. When is your beast goin to be ready??? i blew my engine last week and im getting a g200 so ill have to race ya hahaha
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: A request for Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

So you have deceided to step up in the world,

i reccomend forced induction and i have a T25 turbo that would fit nicely for a carby fed setup, just get a Piazza manifold, and a piazza plenum, and slap a holley on the end, and Blo 2 Go,

regards`
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

does this box fit straight in? Im guessing not :/
what did u have to do to fit it in?

what is a good lsd that would fit into TE gemini
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

hey carlos if i do that will u GIVE me the turbo since u HAVE one that u ARENT USING. hey sarge aparently auto gems have a wider gearbox tunnel and i think that the box just fits but not 100% sure on that. but with abit of time/money they will fit
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

Hmm, if you get it all, so all you then need is the turbo and then turn the key YES, but if not pay up, of Pass over (CARTOON RUMOS'S, etc) eheh

Sarge anything's possile matey, and that's when an angle grinder is your new found friend, as for the LSD, Piazza is one nice donor, or a mini spool with a 32 spline centre, but you will need commodore axles and that when you will need your ginder and welder

regards
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

i heard piazza diff didnt fit (just around these forums)
"but you will need commodore axles and that when you will need your ginder and welder"
why will i need commo axles?
while im on this subject, are replacing whole axles a good idea for upgrading your brakes?
and the thing is, i dont really wanna start hacking into my car Razz cuz i know i will fuck it up, thats why i am not puttin a 450chev in it Razz, so i want to know if the gearbox will fit without cutting/getting new mounts etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: