HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Need help... Reply with quote

Hi people. I need a little help.

The other day driving home, I found gears very hard to get into (manual), the gear shift lever was very hard to push into a gear, I had pushed down my foot on the clutch however.

After a little while of this problem, I went to change gears and the gear lever would not move into any gears at all. I tried taking my foot off the clutch, pushing it again and trying again, but no go.

I checked my clutch cable today and it seems to be ok, it's pulling down both ends when I put my foot on the clutch. But, no gear selection is possible.

With the engine off...the stick moves right into gears...but upon turning the car on, it stalls and jumps forward even with the clutch pedal in.

Now, what I am wondering is...WTF?!? Is going on?

Razz Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Need help... (Yep... It's me) Reply with quote

Definitely a clutch problem, there is some scope for adjustment via the two 17mm nuts on the clutch cable where it passes through the firewall on the engine bay side, 'tightening' the nuts (turning them so it pulls more of the sheath into the engine bay) will raise the pick-up point of the clutch and could help resolve your problem.

The test to see if it is fixed; with the engine running hold the clutch pedal to the floor and try and select reverse, if it selects okay, then the clutch is disengaging.

Chances are there may be something more serious, like a dead clutch, but we'll cover that once you get back to us, mmmkay.

Regards,
Adam Gibson
Adam@hotgemini.com
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... (Yep... It's me) Reply with quote

Ok, I just tried to raise the point of friction, but it didn't work. When I try to select reverse, it grings as if the clutch isn't even in at all.

The pedal is also ultra heavy...

Thanks for the help so far.

Andrew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: