HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

The BEST engine for a gemini??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

I am gonna spend around 5K on my first car (Gemini). I plan on spending arond a grand on suspension/handling (is this realistic)? around a grand on making the car look nice bit of interior work and a body kit or something similar (is this realistic? and bout 2k on an engine...I want something with a fair bit of ballz, can anyone suggest the BEST engine to get power out of that i can fit reasonably easy to a gemmi?

BTW I plan on doing most the work myself
schooba_steve
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

rotary ....
rotary,trust me...ive done it
its the cheapest and best way to go...
if you turbo it .the noise is alot more quiet than a ported one...lol...mechanical muffler as i call em...lol...
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

what kind of power do u get out of it??
what kind of times can u pull??
i want something that has good power
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

ok here i go
for a start he wants to spend 5k on everything i think like suspension body mods and everything not the 5k just on the engine. and its not the easiest conversion to do from what i hear plus u need engineers cert. if u want the simplest and a fairly ballsey engine go a g200 dohc drops straight in dosnt cost the world and u dont need engineers cert
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

im on my mates computer i deal with geminis every day of the week the g180 twin cam revs futher than a g200 but you nead to do a major brake upgrade that costs $1200 for front brakes you nead the right injection manafold run d good computer a motec has a fultless reputation and they dont just drop in every single one is diffrent the majority of them nead to space th the front of the car witch involvs making engin mount adapter plates for moor info on them call me at just gemini holden spairs the names sam p.h 08 82587722
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

ok, so your telling me the g180 has more ballz then the g200? How so, the g200 is bigger?

How much am i looking at fore a g180 and g200??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

as if u need $1200 dollar brakes to stop a dohc g200. what a crock!! i got big brakes for my fj20det conversion for $400. u can get dba slotted disks and VX comodore calapers fitted for $900, $1200 u could get fucking v8 super car shit, what ever brakes u got, u got RIPPED OFF!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

$1200 brakes! ha u got jipped! but anyway, im lookin at gettin a half cut piazza with a 4zc1t engine, they are pretty common from most jap import places, and dont cost the world because they are a slightly older engine, they are a 2L injected turbo engine & they really go hard, in the half cuts i have researched, they give u, the entire engine bay, gearbox, fans, belts, computer, absolutely everything plus the surge tank, fuel pump and a diff, which has discs, i know i can get one of these complianced in a gem quite easily, ive done that research too.
Theres a dohc & sohc version, im not sure about the dohc, im looking at a sohc because almost every part is interchangeable with a g200 engine (easy to get parts for)
also they are a direct bolt in, everything fits, engine mounts, firewall etc
GemFactor
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

What sort of prices have you come across, if you dont mind me asking mate
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

Do you know of a place that actually has a piazza frontcut?

I've emailed just about every jap import place and none of them have one or expect to get one. They are too rare now.

Cheers.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: The BEST engine for a gemini?? Reply with quote

The $1200 brakes are a hyrbid of volvo and camry parts and they are fully approved and recommended by the RTA.

Not sure if thats maybe why they are a bit more pricey???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: