HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

If ur gonna be a tosser and tell me that jvc or rockford is better. ur a tool at the moment, only interested in pioneer or xplod

Anyways i fucked my xplod 12inch.
just wondering what would be a suitable replacement...same again or im thinking of pioneer coz i like pioneer. (head unit and speakers are all pioneer)

osama bin liner out,
Hones
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

um... pioneer...

.?.knobby
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

pioneer over xplod, but i dont like either.....
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

thats what im thinkn
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

pioneers good for decks and stuff i have a vdo dayton competition sub 12 incher 1000 watter guna be put in the gem very shortly(getting alarm tomorow morning) but yeah id choose pioneer over xplodes anyday i dont like sonys stereo equiptment looks a bit cheap and there made pretty shitty i recon
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

i agree with wot katapult said, xplod shit looks cheap, and is shit. go pioneer. i got me and all pioneer system, pioneer deck, 4 pioneer 6" in the doors, 2 kenwood 7x10s runnin 400w audioline amp, all new, with wiring - $700.

chris.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

pioneer... but go for the 12" bass bullet subbie (500rms) or the 15" 350rms subbie. I just put a 15 in my gemi and it sounds fat as
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

Thats a bit narrow minded not even considering rockford just because its not sony or pioneer. Xplod is shit and everyone seems to agree on that. Pioneer are cool but you can get more sound out of rockford gear using less power, generally the yankee stuff needs a lot less power than the jap stuff. I have 2 rockford 10"s in my car and I'm very happy with them, they go a lot better than some of my friend's bigger subs.
g161strokeer
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

get pioneer 12 inchers thats what im gettin there cheap at jb as well now and they sound mad
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

the new sony stuff is really shit, the old stuff was alright when it first came out but now all their stuff is mass produced even more so, and its just not as good as quality. Pioneer will always be good, so yes get pioneer.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

im not gonna read all that shit in the post cos im lazy, but all i have to say is , sony is cheap japan CRAP and pioneer is close to it, i have had a full pioneer system and they whole thing shit itself, amp died first the the subs poped, then the spilts just dies died, the only thing good ar there headunits.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

and have you ever compared a Pioneer head unit with an Alpine in the same vehicle with the same setup ?

When i last did that I noticed a huge difference in the clarity.

Sony do make some good head units, but they are $2,000 + and score quite well in IASCA events.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

im not gonna buy 2 sets of a $3500 stereo just to comair Razz

but i did compair head units, i had a alpin and the pioneer runing the same system. alpins was 100times better., and alot more used freindly. but for the price i would buy pioneer anyday. headunints i would only buy pionner or jvc Very Happy due to "money for bang"
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Xplod or Pioneer arguement ONLY. Reply with quote

My boyfreind works in car audio. He would disown me if i ever came home with any sony products he gets sick of repairing them all the time. They are poorly made. So pioneer wins hands down. But we dont run pioneer subs we have found that Hertz subs can take an absolute belting had 2 for 2 years blown amps and batterys and never done any damage to the subs.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: JL AUDIO ONLY. Reply with quote

Have a listen to some real quality.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: