HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

202 into a gemini?? HELP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

Alright guys...I havn't been much of a gemini fan (except for bashers) until a couple weeks ago...I have always wanted a HJ 308 for my first car...but since then I have had the chance to drive one...yer very fast of the mark, but they are shockin on weight and handling, definatly somethin u wouldnt get away from the cops in. So i have thought long and hard...a GEMINI with a 202...now I've heard this is a BIG job...because of engine size compared to the car size/weight. So what im interested in is, is it possible for around 5k?? all responses welcome...and if it isnt possible...what other kind of motor produce big power that will fit in for around this...I am lookin for a light car with power that will handle well...all suggestions welcome

P.S give details, like i said, i am only a newbie to geminis (ohh by the way... i am lookin at puttin it in an older one like a TE or somethin around there.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

hey man.
honestly got a turbo g200 or a sr20 or a fj20 Very Happy

NISMOgemini
gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

ummm, a bit of info on what motors they are....I WOULDNT HAVE A CLUE...plz give details if u are serious
g161strokeer
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

go big turbo if u wanna get away from cops proably twin turbo dam that would be nice
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

any suggestions on what motor to put these onto, or do u just mean on to a gemi motor...
how hard is this to do??
on what motor??
how much$$??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

g200 is the 2L version of the gemini enginj, just turbo that.
sr20 is a silvia/180sx/200sx engin. there 2Lturbo and can go in a gemini
fj20 is the older version of the sr20 (im doing a fj20 now into my gemini)
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

The problem with putting something like a 202 in a gem is that all your money will be spent just on getting the engine into the car properly.

There are many options for engines, it really depends on what you want I guess

Heres a few examples

- Work a gemini 1800 or 2litre. Cam, carb, exhaust, rebore, headwork etc.. Not amazingly fast but still great.

- Do the same and lower the compression and run a turbo setup, suck through, blow through or EFI

- Drop a rodeo engine in there, 2.3 carby engine, 2.6 efi or 2.6 efi turbo. Little bit more work involved but plenty of power.

- Drop a isuzu dohc engine in there. These are damn quick engines for a n/a engine I must say. The stock 2lt pulls 140hp. They are also EFI.

- Do the same as above with a turbo setup

- Drop an import engine in there, ca18, sr20, isuzu dohc (mentioned above) , z18 etc..

- Rotary, involves a bit of work but is possible.

Options are endless I guess.
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

which do u recommend??
how much approx will these be?? (all 3 prices if u know)
what other kind of shit can i do to the engine to get big power...
(im going to be honest here...i dont really know much about doing motors up...no one has ever showed me, my friends just go for big motors that dont need doing up Smile
cheers
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

but the thing about puttin a 202 in it is... I KNOW WHAT THE HELL I AM DOING Very Happy
on these other ones you have mentioned i dont really know squat about...apart from the gemini 2L that is just basic...but what kind of prices am i lookin at??
i am thinkin of just buyin a done up one...
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

The problem with big motors is that they weigh a lot as well, and you stated that you wanted your car to handle... therefore, if you want it to handle and go fast, you are more than likely going to want to turbo a 4 cylinder engine.

Since you don't know much about engines, I suggest you phone up a performance engine shop somewhere near you, and ask them how much to turbo your engine, and how much to drop a new engine (such as FJ20DET) into your car. Should be cheaper to turbo current engine, but you will get more power out of a different engine, so just depends on what you want.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

around 2-3k could get ya a nice fresh, worked 2 litre and that will drop straight in no probs.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

my advice a G200DOHC (double overhead cam)bout 130 hp standard and they drop straight in, then get a aftermarket computer ie a wolf or a microtech somthing quality then do some head work forged pistons all the bits and then turbo if u want even more bang
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

the 202 is too old and noisy....
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

the amount of pertrol u can fit in a gem petrol tank, with a 202, will only get u to the next servo so u can tank up again.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: 202 into a gemini?? HELP Reply with quote

i duno id like the idea of a 202 if it where easy and u didnt need engineers certs thats the problem rite there if u ask me they rip u hard for nothing and the fuel u put a fuel cell in ya boot problem solved Wink
but yes as i said id go a G200DOHC for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: