HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

safe comp for optimax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: safe comp for optimax Reply with quote

what is the highest comp ratio can you run on optimax safley mine's messured up at 10.46 is that too high
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: safe comp for optimax Reply with quote

Can you hear a pinging noise when you drive your car? Especially under load? If not, then it's fine, if you can hear a pinging noise, it's too high.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: safe comp for optimax Reply with quote

should be ok if u do things properly. Mine measures in at 10.52:1 so its close to urs. I;ve just run it in on avgas, for about 1700 kays. The biggest factor is getting ur timing set right, and the advance on ur dizzy. Get it dyno tuned by a reputable tuning shop, and dont be too fussed with doing power runs. The car will make what it can make when it's tuned right.

I've been told over the phone by the guys doing it, that with a booster and the 2 98ron fuels we have here in adelaide it should be ok with the correct timing set up. The alloy head lets us get away with about an extra half a point anyways! My best mates dad is a manager at our motrex office in adelaide and the synergy 8000 is supposed to be pretty good stuff. So i'll be using that or bp ultimate. we dont have optimax here yet!

Good luck, and dont boot it b4 you get her tuned right, run it in on avgas if u can get hold of it!

Cheers
Mooch
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: safe comp for optimax Reply with quote

I thought avgas was ellgal on the street
what is the right advance curve for a gemini?
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: safe comp for optimax Reply with quote

This subject has come up countless times, try the search feature and you'll find all the info needed on running 98ron pump fuels. To save you a little searching...
With the right tuning your engine will be capable of running approx 10.5-11.0:1 compression on Optimax or Ultimate. Some food for thought... The Honda S2000 runs 11:1 and is recommended to run on 98ron P.U.L.P
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: