HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Locked keys in da boot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

wot the f*** do i do. locksmith dickhead wants $60 to open my boot. i got all the doors open, just keys are in the boot, and the boot is closed. i tried fittin my hand between the pertol tank behind the back seat but no go.

any1 got any idies?

chris.
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

yes....just about ne gemini key will open a gemini boot...and hell i can get mine and my mate's gemini boot open with two hair pin's.....get a friend with a gemini key and there is a maybee 1/3 or 1/4 chance it'll open it...AND MAKE SURE when u get your key's out make a damn duplicate and keep it somewhere safe
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

i know this sounds harsh (but it wont fuck the lock) use a small flat screw driver Very Happy
i did this ones and i took the parces tray out and stuck my hand in the speaker hole and grabed them piece of piss, if u cant reach us a piece of wire
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

hehe what a bitch, do what these guys tell ya and you could get into it. I started my friends gem with my old torana keys lol but now i put this lol push button unlocking motor thingy on it so all i gotta do to pop it is press a button. very handy
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: It's all good. Reply with quote

hehe, after about an hour of fiddling around in the little gap behind the back seat and the pertrol tank, and a wierd shaped bit of metal with a hook on the end, and a fkn torch, i got them out. saved myself $60. and as for trying other keys, tried a shitload but no go. was going to remove the checkerplate on my parcel shelf, but it's a bitch 2 get out.

chris.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

what motor did you use for unlocking the boot??? i want to set up a bpoot release but unsure of what motor to use...
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

i used a camira one....anyone will do..but theres 2 diff types. a push and a pull
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

i used this push button one, but its an old piece of shit from the local tip lol but she works fine, i got it from a falcon i think
g161strokeer
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

the toyota super saloon ones have button boot releases just rip it outof that theres heaps of that shit at the tip
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Locked keys in da boot! Reply with quote

just buy a kit from jaycar for $25, i did and it worked a treat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: