HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Uleaded Converion cost?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper1555

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Uleaded Converion cost? Reply with quote

I've looked in Search and people say that the car can run on Unleaded. Then some people say it causes pinging and some people say it dosn't. Does anyone know how much it would cost to take it in to a (WHERE WOULD I TAKE IT?) and have it done profesionaly? From what i can fuigure out theres more to it than replacing the valve seals and stuff so it dosnt cause pinging. If i get it done by a profsional there wont be any problems.

Thanks....
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Uleaded Converion cost? Reply with quote

I was told once that any engine with an alloy head (that's gemini's) will be fine with unleaded petrol... I've been running my TE on Premium Unleaded for months now without a single problem. No conversion.
engagegra
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Uleaded Converion cost? Reply with quote

About 4 month ago I started running my Gem on unleaded. I have not noticed any change in the way the engine performs or sounds (ie: pinging). I had no conversion done just ran the fuel tank to near empty and filled it up and have never regreted the decisson.
Gra.
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Optimax Reply with quote

When I put my recon engine in I started running soley on Optimax. The car goes much harder and I haven't had any sorts of problems. On the rare occasion when I have to put regular unleaded in it, it feels like a gutless box of shit until I can make my way to a Shell again.

Šraevon
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Uleaded Converion cost? Reply with quote

gemini have like hardened valve stems so it can run unleaded. geminis love unleaded more than leaded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: