HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

on its guts or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slinky
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: on its guts or not? Reply with quote

i was wondering if you lower your car LOW!! will this affect your insurance i was ganna cut the springs because i heard that the custom ones are still fairly high like if you crash is your insurance void if you dont tell them or if i tell them will it go up$$$ or not ?
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: on its guts or not? IF SOMEONE ASKS AGAIN Reply with quote

i realise that you are new to this site and may not have read through previous posts but it is a topic that comes up every day.....cutting your springs will void your insurance because they are not roadworthy, they fuck up the handling, will damage your car in a major way,and they are VERY dangerous because from looking at my old ones they can just pop out.... do yourself a favour and put some money towards a proper set of lowering equipment so that it can be done properly and you can then tell your insurance company that youve done it because it is all worth it in the long run. sure itll add a bit onto your insurance but at least your covered.
sorry about the long post but you will get what im talking about and im sure many others will agree.<---- (full stop)
baz
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: on its guts or not? IF SOMEONE ASKS AGAIN Reply with quote

LOL, this wanker from gemi spares said to my mate that it's better buying chopped springs cause u will get defected anywayz, and they are cheapa. LOL i pissed my self when my mate told me, they were tryin 2 get 190 outta him to chop his springs and re-fittem, and that it would increase your handling... Tug tug, biggest load of crap. The shit thing about cut springs is that u can't go around corners not even lightly fast with out the car rolling the shit out of itself, do your cAr a favour and save up for lowered spring, there well worth it.

chris...
slinky
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: on its guts or not? IF SOMEONE ASKS AGAIN Reply with quote

thanks for the info cheers prolly wont lower now until i cAN afford prooper springs hmmmm seems along way away Smile
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: on its guts or not? IF SOMEONE ASKS AGAIN Reply with quote

better off doin the skockies 2 at the same time to get the best handling out of the lowered springs.

chris
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: on its guts or not? IF SOMEONE ASKS AGAIN Reply with quote

My old wagon had cut or heated springs and it was a bitch to drive.

I rang gemi-spares for a set of proper lowered springs and they quoted me something like $170 or so to fit second hand lowered springs all round.

Cut springs suck, they sag inward and every suspension setting the car goes to shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: